When work began on the C-A-T® GEN 7, every element that defines a tourniquet designed for combat use, was taken into consideration. The challenge was to find the best, most forward looking way possible to enhance performance and maximize application success. Leveraging input from after action reviews, researchers, material scientist and the end-user, they were able to create the most advanced C-A-T® to date. Every component of the C-A-T® GEN 7 is optimized for performance and reliability.
The C-A-T® GEN 7 has a single routing buckle system that (1) allows for extremely fast application and effective slack removal (2) Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications.
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research.
C-A-T® GEN 7 REQUIREMENTS DRIVEN ENHANCEMENTS & ADVANTAGES:
- Single Routing Buckle: Faster application and effective slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion; Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications.
- Windlass Rod: Increased diameter for enhanced strength; Aggressive ribbing for improved grip.
- Windlass Clip: Bilateral beveled entry for rapid windlass lock; Bilateral buttress for added strength.
- Windlass Strap: Sonic welded to clip for constant contact; Color changed to Gray for tactical considerations (Black C-A-T Only).
- Stabilization Bar: Reinforced, beveled contact bar maintains the plate's integrity and decreases skin pinching.
- Free-moving Internal Band:
- Patented band within band;
- True evenly distributed circumferential pressure.
- Packaged Dimensions: (L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.);
- Open Length Dimensions: (37.5 in.);
- Weight: (82.21 g / 2.9 oz.).
- Awarded as one of the "Top 10 Greatest Inventions" by the U.S. Army;
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army;
- Used by both conventional and Special Operations forces;
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research;
- Latex Free;
- Meets and complies with CE standards;
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) All material, manufactured and labor are U.S. Content;
- National Tactical Officers Association; Member Tested and Recommended designation;
- True, one-handed application tourniquet;
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding;
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care;
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions;
- Cost effective;
- Standard Issue to U.S. ARMY, NAVY, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard;